Cities are wonderful places to work and play but many of us want a more restful location for our homes. If you are ready to relocate from Annapolis, Baltimore or even Washington, D. C. to a community of spacious homes on large beautifully wooded lots then Crownsville, Maryland, is an area you will want to explore. Crownsville, a census-designated place in Anne Arundel County just seven miles northwest of Annapolis, is a community of white-collar professionals that enjoys a very low crime, poverty and unemployment rate. Its population of approximately 1,950 residents has a great mix of families, singles and seniors.
Crownsville is home to the Anne Arundel County Fair Grounds and proudly hosts the annual Anne Arundel Fair every September. The Maryland Renaissance Festival occurs in Crossville across several summer weekends every year and draws many visitors to the area. Crossville includes scenic waterfront areas and the waterfront community of Arden on the Severn actually has a Crownsville mailing address. Access to nearby urban areas is convenient due to I-97, plus Highways 178 and 76 (General’s Highway). The average one-way commute to work time of local residents is 25 minutes.
Crownsville residents enjoy golf at the Eisenhower 18-hole Golf Course. Have fun in the sun at nearby public Beehive Beach. Generals Highway Corridor Park provides baseball fields, tennis, a playground and picnic areas. Residents enjoy these amenities and love the privacy of their secluded tree-shaded properties. Raw property is available should you prefer to purchase your own and have a home built to your preferences.
The cost of living in Crownsville is above the national average and so is the price of the real estate. The median home cost currently is $614,100. Homes for sale in Crownsville, MD offer plenty of lot size and square footage for the purchase price. Real estate for sale in Crownsville, MD includes:
- Indian Creek Estates: Built: 1980s Price: $600K to low $800K Bedrooms: 3 to 4 Baths: 2 to 3 Square Feet: 2,800 to 3,700 Lot Size: one to three acres Neighborhood has an HOA
- Harbor Oaks: Built: 1970s Price: $500K range Bedrooms: 3 to 4 Baths 3 to 4.5 Square Feet: 2,100 to 3,000 Lot Size: one to three acres
- Cranberry Woods: Built: 1980s Price: $700K to high $800K Bedrooms: 4 to 5 Baths: 3.5 to 4.5 Square Feet: 2,844 to 3,865 Lot Size: just under an acre to just over and acre
- Maynadier Creek: Built: mid 1980s to early 1990s Price: mid $600K to $2 million Bedrooms: 4 Baths: 3 to 4.5 Square Feet: 2,900 to 5,000 Lot Size: one acre to two and a half acres.
- Belvoir Farms: Built: beginning in 1980s. Price: $850K to $1 million Square Feet: 4,000 to 10,000 Lot Size: one to three acres. This is a community of 100 custom built homes.
Either South Shore or Millersville Elementary, both excellent schools, serves all areas. Old Mill Middle School South and Old Mill High School, both also above average schools, serve all of them as well.
Crownsville is a scenic and beautiful landscape in which to have a home. If you and your family are considering relocating to the Crownsville area, contact Scott Smolen and the real estate professional with RE/MAX Leading Edge. Our experienced real estate agents will help you get answers for all your questions about Crownsville and real estate opportunities in this gorgeous area.
$325,000 : 375 WALNUT TRL, CROWNSVILLE4 beds, 2 baths
$925,000 : 1400 GIES LN, CROWNSVILLE5 beds, 6 baths
$425,000 : 403 BEECH TRL, CROWNSVILLE3 beds, 3 baths
$893,640 : 749 OLD HERALD HARBOR RD, CROWNSVILLE4 beds, 3 baths
$863,580 : 749 OLD HERALD HARBOR RD, CROWNSVILLE4 beds, 3 baths
$489,000 : 1016 DOCKSER DR, CROWNSVILLE4 beds, 3 baths
$749,500 : 1508 WILD CRANBERRY DR, CROWNSVILLE4 beds, 5 baths
$524,950 : 307 ASTON FOREST LN, CROWNSVILLE3 beds, 3 baths
$359,900 : 388 CHESTNUT TRL, CROWNSVILLE3 beds, 3 baths
$825,000 : 1032 PLUM CREEK DR, CROWNSVILLE4 beds, 4 baths
See all Real Estate in city of Crownsville.
(all data current as of 11/20/2017)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.